Financial Documents - Initial and Follow-up Procedures
In the IVTYPES (Financial Documents) form you can set initial procedures and follow-up procedures to help ensure that financial documents meet your requirements and that additional actions are taken once a document is finalized (e.g. updating privately created fields).
These procedures do not receive input. They are run on the server and do not display error/warning messages.
In the PREENAME (Initial Procedure) column of the IVTYPES form, you can set an initial procedure to check data and ensure that the financial document meets your requirements before it is finalized.
The following information may be useful when working with initial procedures:
- An initial procedure cannot include input/output.
- A list of invoices that are about to be finalized will be added to the STACK2USER table when the STACK2USER.ELEMENT field contains the INVOICES.IV column and the current user appears in the STACK2USER.USER field.
- If you want to include an error message, specify the message number
in the STACK2USER.TYPE field. The message itself should be part
of the initial procedure. You can use the parameters 1,2,3 in the
message, which contain the following values:
- Parameter 1 – Customer/Vendor Number
- Parameter 2 – Invoice Date
- Parameter 3 – Invoice Number
In the CONTENAME (Follow-Up Procedure) column of the IVTYPES form, you can set a follow-up procedure to perform additional actions once a document is finalized.
The follow-up procedure runs regardless of whether a document was finalized successfully or not. Therefore, you should first check which invoices were finalized:
- The follow-up procedure receives the same link file for the Invoice (INVOICES table) that is sent to the Finalize Invoice program. The file is located in the PAR variable (FILE type).
- You can cross-reference the invoices in the file with invoices in the table to check which of the invoices was finalized and which remain pending.
LINK INVOICES TO :$.PAR;
ERRMSG 1 WHERE :RETVAL <= 0;
SELECT IV,IVNUM,TYPE,DEBIT FROM INVOICES FORMAT '../../iv.txt';
SELECT IV,IVNUM,TYPE,DEBIT FROM INVOICES ORIG
WHERE IV = (SELECT IV FROM INVOICES) FORMAT ADDTO '../../iv.txt';