This section explains how to create a BPM status system for a new document. Assuming the new document is called XXXX_MYDOC, the following explains how to:
- Create a form called XXXX_MYDOCSTATS (and its accompanying table).
- Modify the XXXX_MYDOC form to support statuses.
- Create a procedure for the BPM flow chart (and accompanying interfaces).
- BPM flow charts cannot be created for standard forms.
- A BPM flow chart can only be created for an upper-level form.
- All the names and descriptions of forms, tables, columns, etc. are given here for demonstration purposes and can be changed as desired.
- For the purposes of this procedure, the first two keys of the base
table of the XXXX_MYDOC form should be:
- An autounique key
- A unique key, comprising a single column of CHAR or INT type.
The steps to take (in order) are as follows: